- Our annual Open House is this Wednesday, Sept. 19 from 5 - 7 pm. There will be a BBQ as well. Come and check out your child's classrooms and speak to their teachers! From 7 - 8:30 pm we have a guest speaker, Mindful Mike, in our large gym. Mike offers a workshop for any parent on dealing with the highs and lows of parenting. Mike discusses the natural frustration, worries, stress and fear that comes with parenting children of all ages. During the workshop parents will explore the importance of self care and "how to" apply mindfulness while parenting. The results of these techniques allow parents to work with stress in a healthier way, as well as the ability to be more present with their children. Mindful Mike is going to be doing work with our students and staff in the 2018-19 school year and we are excited to have him. Check him out here: http://mindfulmike.ca/classes/
- Our gerontology class is hosting a Tea and Teach for Seniors every second and fourth Wednesday in the Learning Commons from 1:45 - 2:45pm. Selecting the following link will provide a poster with more details.Tea and Teacher Poster
- Our cafeteria will be hosting a BBQ hotdog lunch on Thursday, Sept. 20. For $5.00, students will get a hot dog, milk, and a treat.
- The next day, Sept. 21, there will be a BBQ for all Grades 7 and 9 students along with any other new students from any grade.
- Welcome week is happening Sept. 17-21. Fun activities are happening all week at school during the day - tractor day, capture the flag, spirit day are just some of the activities.
SHDHS uses a service that enhances our communication with you. Please see the two posters below for more information (selecting the posters will make them larger). You can also log into the School Messenger site directly to change any contact settings you wish.
The poster below provides brief information on a new program. A link below the poster has more detailed information on the program.
Avon Maitland DSB recently changed its administrative procedure (AP) with regards to students with prevalent medical/health conditions. Selecting the image below will take you to the new AP which will describe in detail the roles and responsibilities of everyone involved in developing a plan of care for students. This link will always be on the left hand side of this website.